Preview and Publishing
A key part of the writing process is testing. You'll need to make sure that your story plays from start to finish without glitches, that your characters are coming to life properly, and that you have implemented all of the tools correctly. There are two ways to preview your story:
After crafting your story, create a preview version. This will give you a version number (e.g., V1, V2). This preview version is uneditable, can't be changed and it is not public yet. To make edits you have to return to the draft.
Draftunder your story title in the left-hand menu.
Create a preview version.
Make sure to check you've covered everything on the Publishing checklist first, and then you're ready to share your story to the wider world.
- Once satisfied with the preview version, publish it to make it available to users.
- The last published version automatically becomes the promoted one.
- You can have multiple published versions, and all published versions are accessible to the public. If you simply access the story without specifying a version, you'll automatically get the promoted version.
- Create a preview version
- Select the
...icon next to the version you'd like to publish.
Publish. This story will be automatically the promoted version, if you would like to promote a different version, select the
...icon next to the version you'd like to promote and click
- Congratulations! Your story is now published!
- If you would like to make any changes to the story you will have to return to the draft version, make the changes, and publish/promote it again.
- If you would like to use a previously published version, you can promote it by the
...icon next to the version you'd like to promote, and click
These processes allow you to refine, and share your story while maintaining control over versions and content variations.
Viewing Previous Versions
After publishing you will be able to access past versions of your story by clicking
Draft under your story title. Here you can reference back to any past version and check the analytics for published versions.
To see the date a version was published, hover your mouse over the clock logo next to the version.