Effective Date: 3rd December 2019
Information Collected and Used
Our primary objective in collecting your information is to provide and improve the Service and to enable you to easily navigate and enjoy the Service. For example, To Play For may use your information to register your account, provide customer support, resolve disputes, collect fees, notify you of updates to the Service and advise you on To Play For news and offers.
Indirect data collection
When you use any of the To Play For Services, we may automatically collect and record certain information such as your hardware type, the version of your operating system (“OS”), your online activity, and your location (based on your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address). This information is useful to us for troubleshooting and helps us understand usage trends.
Additionally we collect and securely store all data you provide as part of a story experience. This includes responses to character questions in any story. This data is aggregated and made available to our team for analytics purposes to help improve the story experience.
Facebook and Apple Login
If you sign into the Service with Facebook or Apple Login, we may collect information that is available via your Facebook or Apple account or the Facebook or Apple API. This may include your email and your public profile. This information will be primarily used for user registration. It may also be used to provide customer support, resolve disputes, collect fees, notify you of updates to the Service and advise you on To Play For news and offers.
When you register to use our Service, we require that you provide us with your email address, a username and a name. The email address you provide in connection with a To Play For Service, will be retained by To Play For and we may use that email address to contact you about your experience with To Play For Services and, if you have opted in, to notify you about To Play For news and offers.
You may elect to sign up for the To Play For email newsletter, which will contain general company news and offers.
A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk, generally to quickly identify a user’s computer and to “remember” things about the user’s visit, such as your preferences or a user name and password. The Service sends cookies to your computer when you access or view content of a To Play For Service. Information contained in a cookie may be linked to your personal information for purposes such as improving the Service we provide, tailoring recommendations to your interests, and making the Service easier to use. You can disable cookies at any time, although you may not be able to access or use features of the Service.
Disclosure of Your Data and Personal Information
To Play For does not share your personal information except as approved by you or as described below:
- With your consent, for example, when you agree to us sharing your information with other third parties for their own marketing purposes subject to their separate privacy policies.
- To Play For may engage other companies and individuals to perform services on our behalf. Examples of these services include sending e-mails to you.
- We may release your information as permitted by law or when we believe that release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our rights; or protect the rights, property, or safety of us or our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection.
- To Play For may share your information in connection with any bankruptcy, merger, sale of our assets, or a financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
How Long Do We Retain Your Information
Data collected for the purposes of providing the Service to you is retained for the time of provision of the Service plus the length of any applicable statutory limitation period following the termination of the Service;
Data collected for the purpose of access to company marketing communications is retained for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for (e.g. to provide you with marketing communications). Should you decide to opt-out from receiving marketing communications, please note that we will be required to retain limited data in order for us to respect your opt-out and ensure that you do not receive marketing communications.
At the end of the retention period, your personal data will be deleted, anonymized or aggregated.
To Play For has put in place technical and organizational measures designed to secure your information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to overcome those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. Also please note that email and messaging systems are not considered secure, so we discourage you from sending us personal information through these mediums.
International Data Storage
We store your personal information or data securely on servers in the EU and the U.S. If you are located in the U.S. or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from England and Wales law, please note that your personal information and data may be stored in a country and jurisdiction that may not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction, and you consent to the storage of your personal information and data as described in this Policy.
Your Data Protection rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact our data controller at [email protected]
© 2017-2020 To Play For Ltd