Right off the back of our very first Charisma writing competition we’re very excited to launch the second, this time with the prompt “A Curious Conversation”!
We’re looking for short interactive stories that use Charisma’s tools to create engaging conversations with characters you want to keep talking to. Whether it’s your first foray into interactive writing or you’re a seasoned pro, we want to hear your stories.
One winning writer will get:
- US $150
- Featured position in the app for the story
- Social media shoutouts for the story and writer
- Featured Charisma blog post with an interview about the writer and story
One additional winner:
The story with the most in-app likes will also be awarded a featured position in the app.
- Your story should be up to 5 minutes long
- Your story should be inspired by the prompt A Curious Conversation. We’re looking for diverse, full characters that your player can converse directly with. See these Tips (https://charisma.ai/docs/tips) for advice on positioning of the player
- Your story must be an original work written for this purpose
- Each user can submit up to 3 entries each
- You can either use our in-built character creator and included backgrounds or create your own images
- Feel free to add your own audio track and experiment with character voices
- Join our Discord Server (https://discord.gg/f9Hx2qR). We’re on hand here for any advice and help with tools you may need.
How to submit
- Check your story has a cover image and story description and meets our Content Guidelines (https://charisma.ai/docs/community#content-guidelines)
- Test that your story works from start to finish without any breakages
- Add “Competition: A Curious Conversation” to the end of your story description (so we can identify it as a competition entry)
- Hit publish and pour yourself a drink
Entries will be judged by Charisma staff on the basis of story and interactive quality. The number of in-app likes your story has will get it noticed by the judges, but ultimately their decision is about quality.
Entries close: Friday 11th December
Winner announced: On or before Friday 18th December