Today we’re announcing our very first competition for writers.
We’re looking for short interactive stories that are inspired by the theme of Identity. Whether it’s your first foray into interactive writing or you’re a seasoned pro, we want to hear your stories.
One winning writer will get:
- US $150
- Featured position in the app for the story
- Social media shoutouts for the story and writer
- Featured Charisma blog post with an interview about the writer and story
One additional winner:
The story with the most in-app likes will also be awarded a featured position in the app.
- Your story should be roughly 5 minutes long
- Your story should be inspired by the theme of Identity. We’re looking for broad and diverse characters that your player can interact directly with. See these Tips (https://charisma.ai/docs/tips) for more on the experience of the player
- Your story must be an original work written for this purpose
- Each user can only submit up to 3 entries each
- You can either use our in-built character creator and included backgrounds or create your own images
- Join our Discord Server (https://discord.gg/f9Hx2qR) for more advice and help with tools.
How to submit
- Check your story has a cover image and story description and meets our Content Guidelines (https://charisma.ai/docs/community#content-guidelines)
- Test that your story works from start to finish without any breakages
- Add “Competition: Identity” to the end of your story description (so we can identify it as a competition entry)
- Hit publish and pour yourself a drink
Entries will be judged by Charisma staff on the basis of story and interactive quality. The number of in-app Likes your story has will get it noticed by the judges, but ultimately their decision is about quality.
Entries close: Friday November 13th 5pm UK time
Shortlist Announced: Thursday November 19th
Winner announced: Wednesday November 25th